red silk veil
a bridal sedan chair
· The brides wear Dragon & Phoenix Bridal Dress (褂裙)
· Grooms wear Chinese wedding dress (長衫馬褂).
· Chinese dress initially is black in background which is decorated in golden or silvery.
· Then, it converts into red in background and decorated in golden and silvery.
· The brides’ face were covered with a red silk veil
· The brides wore Phoenix Coronet and Decorated Shawl on their head.
· Couples wear both Chinese wedding dress and western wedding dress.
· Some brides wear (小鳳仙) which is wore by prostitute in the past, trendy bridal dress (潮褂) or pink Dragon & Phoenix Bridal Dress (褂裙) which is wore by concubine in the past.
· No covering or rather replaced by western veil
Collecting the bride
· Presence of Firework, lantern musicians and unicorn dance
· Disappearance of fireworks, lantern, musicians and unicorn dance
· Friends and relatives present
Transportation used for taking brides
· Brides were carried with a bridal sedan chair (heavily curtained)
· Flower car. The flower car is decorated in western style, for example, there is a pair of bears or a bouquet of flowers on the front of the car.
Stepping over a lit stove and tile to cross the threshold
· Brides had to step over a lit stove and tile to cross the threshold
· Such practice is disappeared